How To Organize An Appropriate Dissertation Abstract Layout?

Writing your dissertation is an important and stressful time for you in your academic career. You probably spent a lot of time looking up tips on how to write the best dissertation ever, right? Well, if you did, then I am here to help you out even further. Regardless of your reason for being here, I am going to help with forming an all-star abstract layout.

• What is the purpose of the abstract anyway?
  • The abstract is the very first thing that the reader will see when the start reading your work. The abstract is meant to serve as a summary of what is to come in the piece. This is where you broadly talk about what will be read on the following pages.

• What do I NEED to include in this part?
  • You need to have a clear and concise summary! But, to be more specific, here are the most important things to include in this part.

• Why did you write this piece?
    • Basically, why is it important?
    • What is the issue that you are hoping to solve?
    • What experiments or scientific research has been performed on this topic?
  • How do I know if I am doing this right?
  • It is very important for me to note that you are not alone. You are not the first or last person to have to write a thesis. With that being said, you can find ways to check your own work through the eyes of experience. There should be a few different resources on your Campus that you can use. For starters, you could make an appointment to visit an advisor in your department. Go to him/her and ask any questions you have. When setting up the appointment, tell the advisor exactly what you need from them and even ask if it would be okay to send them a sample of your writing so far. You could also search for a dissertation tutor.

• Where can I find examples?
  • The Internet is a wonderful place for examples. Other people post their research online all the time. Pick one that has a lot of good ratings and looks over it. See what that person did and think about how you want to write your own. Just remember that an example cannot be copied off of. You need ONLY to use it as a guide.

• Final Words

Hopefully, some of this will be useful to you in your writing journey. The most important tip that can be applied to the whole piece is to stay calm and just let the word flow out of your heart onto the page. The best papers are the one that was written with passion, yet remain professional.